Monticellobration - September 29, 2018 in Historic, Downtown Monticello
Monticellobration is September 29, 2018!
Some of your favorite Monticellobration festivities will be back! Knockerball, food trucks, makers & crafters, and more! New this year? We're kicking of the day with a bike ride at 7:30 AM, then the Oktoberfest fun begins at 11 AM at Monarch Brewing Company where the crowd can partake in keg rolling contests, a beer-stein-holidng competion, and compete for "Best Dressed." We're also hosting some unique, interactive attractions; see detials below. And of course, music, music, music all day long!
7:30 AM: Monticello Recreation Foundation Presents: 'Bike Ride for Recreation'
8 AM - 2 PM: National Coffee Day & Art Show @ Steeple Coffee House, Bee Bowl'd food truck will be stationed out front!
10 AM: Pet Parade, and "Paint the Town: A Chalk Art Contest," presented by the Monticello Area Arts Council (Charter/Washington Street)
11 AM - 4 PM: Family-friendly fun in historic, downtown Monticello! (NO ALCOHOL PERMITTED OUTSIDE OF REGULAR/USUAL PATIO AREAS PRIOR TO 6 PM, EXCEPT FOR AT MONARCH)
- Oktoberfest @ Monarch Brewing, including outdoor, live music all day
- Monticello Arts Council Presents: 'Paint the Town' (Near Fieldhouse 219)
- Monticello Railway Museum's 'Hodge Hand Cars'
- Kirby Medical Center's 'Kids Corner' (Fall-themed fun for everyone!)
- Fire Juggler, Magic Show, and Hula-Hoop Tricks on the First State Bank Main Stage (see exact show times BELOW)
- State Bank of Bement Presents: Wild Times Exotic Animal Petting Zoo
- Pop-up + Merchant Shopping around the Square, incluidng a Young Entrepreneurs Row of vendors!
- Renegade Cycles
- Catalyst Creative Studio, glazing and Raku firings
- Face painting
- Walking Scarecrows (Fun, family photo opp!)
- Knockerball Max (across from Mackey Wright)
- Pony & Carriage Rides
- Fair Food + Local Flavors
- Kiddie Tractor Pull
4-6 PM: VENDORS DEPART. VOLUNTEERS & CITY STAFF TRANSITION DOWNTOWN FOR EVENING FESTIVITIES.
5 PM: Corvette Club of Illinois Car Show (in front of East End Tavern)
6-11 PM: Outdoor Beer Garden around downtown. Plan ahead now, and designate a driver. Bringing in outside alcohol is strictly prohibited. Professional secutity services provided to ensure safety and compliance.
- Corvette Car Club of Illinois @ East End Tavern (5 PM)
- 3 Gun Whiskey on the outdoor Fieldhouse 219 Stage (6 PM)
- Sunset Strip on the First State Bank Main Stage (8 PM)
- DJ Visions-N-Vibrations until 1 AM @ East End Tavern!
All questions should be directed to Monticellobration Event Manager, Teresa Brown at: firstname.lastname@example.org